Tuesday, March 22, 2022

After a Long Hiatus

And so I resume the capture of my running experiences.  I'm here to tell you that you can not outrun your fork.  But I also know it helps to try.  Primarily I'm resuming a steadier practice of running, well, I call it slog jogging or sightseeing while trotting about.  It's more important to me to be outside enjoying nature and to stop to take pictures or to examine something or to pick up "road kill" meaning interesting pieces of rusted metals that have fallen off trucks or trailers, or other interesting trash like baby pacifiers trying to return to nature.

So lately I've had some beautiful runs.  I'm shooting for 6-7 mile runs. I love it when I can combine road running with a trail run.  I prefer to leave from home and do different loops but I will do an out and back occasionally or we will load up and go somewhere for a particularly beautiful or interesting area. It could be a large city, a beach town, or meeting family or friends for a run.

This, below, is from yesterday's run where I added a new loop to my repertoire.

Last Friday it was foggy in the morning.  I love foggy days.  And these pictures, below are from one of my favorite slogs.
I usually have the urge to take pictures that don't include man-made structures (other than trails).  Trails are special.  Wild animals make the and use them too.  They just have a special magic, an invitation to an adventure. But the power lines lit by the sun in the fog, the muddy boat launch into the fog...
The contrast of the red diamond signs.

I love spider webs in the fog.  You see them everywhere.  Without the fog weighting them slightly and making them look like they are tiny diamond nature necklaces strung about in the wild, we wouldn't even see most of them.










It was a good day to to run.


No comments:

Post a Comment